Logansport Memorial Hospital and the community have seen a significant spike in influenza and COVID-19 cases over the past weeks. Because of this trend, visitors are now restricted at Logansport Memorial Hospital. In an effort to protect patients, visitors and employees, Logansport Memorial Hospital is implementing the following visitor restrictions effective at 9 am, beginning December 19, 2023.
- There is a limit of two healthy adult visitors per patient at a time.
- No children or siblings under the age of 18 will be allowed to visit at this time.
- Visitors are urged to perform hand washing with soap and water frequently, including when entering and leaving the building. Foam sanitizer dispensers are available throughout the buildings and are effective against influenza virus.
- Visitors who are ill with a fever or other cold or flu-like symptoms including cough, sneezing, running nose, sore throat, vomiting, or diarrhea are asked not to visit patients and will be asked to leave.
- Patients who have an appointment and are experiencing the symptoms above should wear a mask upon entering the building.
If you do decide to visit someone at the hospital during these restrictions, please consider your own health before visiting the hospital. Don’t visit unless you’re feeling well yourself. If you have a contagious illness – a fever, a cold, a cough, or other influenza symptoms – you should postpone your visit until you are well.
If you would like more information about what to do around the flu, please visit the CDC website: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/consumer/symptoms.html
We understand that these visitation restrictions can be an inconvenience for your family. Please know that we only restrict visitation during the height of flu season or during an
outbreak, in an effort to protect hospitalized patients who are particularly vulnerable to illness. A virus like the flu or a severe cold can significantly complicate recovery and delay discharge from the hospital. These restrictions will be reviewed once the flu outbreak slows down.
Thank you for your continued understanding and cooperation as we respond to this year’s