If you have had a heart attack or experience some other heart condition or issue, cardiac rehabilitation can be beneficial to you. Cardiac rehab focuses on building heart-healthy habits while also reducing the risk of another attack.
What is cardiac rehabilitation?
Rehabilitation after a cardiac incident is an important part of the healing process. A cardiac rehabilitation program can help you regain strength and stamina, reduce your coronary risk factors and improve your overall heart health. It is a supervised program that includes:
- Physical activity
- Education (eating healthy, quitting smoking, etc.)
- Group environment (great for motivation and friendships)
Cardiac rehab is not only beneficial for recovering from a heart attack, but sets the guidelines for how to live a better, healthier life. In addition to rebuilding a healthy heart, cardiac rehab can:
- Strengthen your heart and body
- Relieve chest pain and other heart-related discomforts
- Build healthy habits including better diet and increase exercise outside of the program
- Reduce stress
- Improve mental and emotional health
- Increase energy and motivation for additional exercise
- Prevent future heart disease related illnesses
Cardiac Rehab at Logansport Memorial Hospital
Physicians throughout North Central Indiana refer people to the Cardiopulmonary Services department at Logansport Memorial Hospital for personalized, accessible and supportive care.
Individualized services include heart health education for patients and family members, diet consultations, monitored exercise, stress management, risk factor and behavior modification strategies, and support from group dynamics. This program is certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
Learn more about our Cardiac Rehab services »