As an additional precautionary measure against the ever-changing COVID-19 outbreak, Logansport Memorial Hospital is restricting access at our main campus beginning at 5:00 pm on Friday, March 13, 2020.
All patients and visitors will be welcomed at the Emergency Room entrance after 5:00 pm in the evenings and on weekends. On Monday, March 16, 2020, only two additional entrances will be open for the entire campus:
- The Main Entrance will be open from 6:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday.
- The entrance to Medical Office Building East (where the Cancer Care Center, Women’s Health Center, and Surgical Services office are located) will be open from 7:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday-Friday.
- The Emergency Room entrance will be open 24/7, but will be the only way to enter the hospital after 5:00 pm on evenings and weekends.
All patients and visitors should expect to be screened upon arrival at any of these identified entrances. We will not be able to allow anyone to visit with symptoms of respiratory illness, including cough, fever, or shortness of breath. Also, no visitors (including siblings and children) under the age of 18 are allowed on campus, per our visitor restrictions policy. For patients who are minors, no more than one parent or guardian will be allowed in the room for appointments or procedures. Vendor partners will be screened as visitors at this time.
Healthy patients are encouraged to keep their scheduled appointments for well-visits and surgeries. The screening process being implemented at the restricted entrances will direct people to the appropriate office or location within the hospital for their care.
As a reminder, you must meet strict criteria from the CDC and the Indiana State Department of Health to be tested for COVID-19. Our local testing procedure is outlined below:
- Only individuals who are showing symptoms of fever, cough, or shortness of breath, and have tested negative for other illnesses are being tested for COVID-19.
- If you have these symptoms, or other respiratory or flu-like symptoms, please call your primary care provider’s office first. If you do not have a primary care provider, please call ahead to Logansport Memorial’s Express Medical Center at (574) 722-9633 and describe your symptoms.
- Please call in before you come in to minimize unnecessary exposure to our staff and to other patients of any virus or illness circulating at this time. We can assess your symptoms over the phone and determine if you should report to Express Medical Center for testing.
Your participation and cooperation with this process are greatly appreciated as we work to minimize the spread of COVID-19 in Cass County. We understand that these may seem to be drastic measures, but we assure you that we are here and capable of serving our community throughout the duration of this global concern.