Cass County was approved to move into Stage 4 of Governor Holcomb's Back-on-Track Indiana Plan on Friday, June 12. With this in mind, Logansport Memorial Hospital continues to evaluate the tight visitor restrictions put in place due to COVID-19 and make changes to better accommodate our patients and families, while still doing all that we can to keep you safe in our facility.
Our revised visitor restrictions
Effective Wednesday, June 17, our revised visitor restrictions now include:
- One healthy visitor will be allowed per patient for inpatients (medical and ICU) and ER patients for their entire stay.
- The approved healthy visitor is expected to remain with the patient and not wander throughout the facility. Visitors are not allowed to wait in the waiting rooms.
- As with all other patients and visitors, the approved visitor will be required to wear a mask while they are here.
Other restrictions include
Other LMH visitor restrictions currently in effect include:
- Visitors must be at least 18 years of age, or older.
- Children under the age of 18 who are patients must be accompanied by only one healthy adult.
- For surgery patients, one healthy support person may accompany the surgical patient inside the hospital. Their approved visitor must stay in the patient's recovery room during the procedure and is not allowed to wander.
- For OB patients, only one healthy support person will be allowed with mom and baby for their entire stay. This approved person cannot come and go from the hospital; he or she is expected to remain with the patient and not wander throughout the facility.
- Limited access to LMH is still in place through one of three entrances Monday - Friday (unless otherwise specified):
- Main Entrance: 6 am - 5 pm
- Medical Office Building East: 7:30 am - 5 pm
- ER Entrance: 7 am - 8 pm (for screening/visitation); 24/7 after-hours, on weekends, and for all emergencies
- All patients and approved visitors are screened at each entrance for any changes in their health condition. They are also still required to wear a mask at all times during their visit, and required to sanitize their hands as they enter the building.
- If you arrive without a mask, we will provide one for you.
How we are keeping you safe
Your safety continues to be our top priority while you are in our care. Cases of COVID-19 will rise and fall over time, as we open up more services and try to establish a "new normal." We do not consider the safety measures we have put in place at the recommendation of the CDC and the Indiana State Department of Health to be temporary at this point, so we will continue to wear masks and practice social distancing where possible in our facility for the foreseeable future.
Some of our services -- like medical imaging procedures and lab work -- are not allowing visitors to go with patients in those areas. This is not because these procedures are different from the precautions we take for surgeries or office visits; it's because we can't practice safe social distancing in the waiting rooms for those services if we allow visitors with patients. Please continue to be patient with us as we work to accommodate your healthcare needs and keep you and your family safe.
Other precautions in place to keep you safe:
- Every LMH staff member is wearing a mask in the building. This is for the shared protection of you and our staff, to prevent the spread of any kind of respiratory infection.
- Staggered appointment times minimize the number of people in a given area.
- Chairs have been spaced in waiting rooms and other public spaces for proper social distancing.
- We continue to clean and disinfect our facility with increased frequency.