Updated August 27, 2020
With the spike in COVID-19 cases continuing in Cass County, Logansport Memorial Hospital and the Cass County Health Department (CCHD) want to clarify the COVID-19 testing process and availability for local residents. The most current process for where to go to receive testing is as follows.
COVID-19 testing process
At Logansport Memorial Hospital:
- Call your primary care provider first, and describe your symptoms.
- You may be seen by your provider in the office, but depending on availability, your primary care provider may also send you directly to Express Medical Center.
- To be tested at LMH, you must be symptomatic (have symptoms) and you will be seen by a provider for evaluation.
- The only exception for testing without symptoms is for a scheduled surgery. If you need COVID-19 testing before your surgery date, testing is only available from 8:30 am - 3 pm, Monday - Friday at Express Medical Center. No appointment is necessary.
At the Cass County Health Department:
- At this time, testing will be offered on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 7:45 - 2:00 pm. These scheduled days and hours are subject to change, based on the community need.
- The Cass County Health Department will offer COVID-19 testing for anyone who wants to be tested. There are no requirements.
- Walk-ins are welcome at the Cass County Health Department, but it is recommended that you call ahead and make an appointment: (574) 355-8754.
- Testing from the CCHD will be performed at the former Logansport Regional Cancer Center building, located at 1616 Smith Street, across from Huston Park.