In an effort to be accessible for our community as the COVID-19 outbreak evolves in Cass County, the Cass County Health Department and Logansport Memorial Hospital are making changes to the hours of operation for the COVID-19 walk-in respiratory clinic.
Beginning Wednesday, April 1, 2020, we will be extending hours by adding a second shift of staff. New hours of operation will be 8 am - 8 pm everyday: Monday - Friday, and on weekends.
The clinic location is still in the Community Building at the Cass County 4-H Fairgrounds: 2281 E Co Road 125 N in Logansport.
- As an additional precautionary measure, there is no way waiting area inside the clinic. Please park in front of the Community Building and put your flashers on. A clinic staff member will come out to screen you at your car.
- If there is a wait time to be seen, patients will be asked to wait in their cars in isolation.
- When they are ready for you, please have your insurance card and government ID (i.e. driver's license) ready before you walk in the doors.
As a reminder, the hospital's zero visitation policy applies to this off-site clinic as well. No visitors are allowed with patients who walk-in to be seen. The only exception to this is that one healthy adult must accompany any pediatric patient under the age of 18 who is waiting to be seen.
Express Medical Center
At this time, Express Medical Center will be closed until further notice. All non-emergent and non-respiratory related health conditions will be seen and treated in Logansport Memorial's Occupational Health clinic, also known as Healthy Companies. At this time, the Occupational Health clinic will be open as a walk-in clinic, like Express Medical Center has been.
Patients who need non-emergent care after-hours or are weekends should follow this process:
- Please come to the hospital through the ER Entrance. Expect to be screened about any symptoms you are experiencing and to have your temperature be taken.
- Patients will be triaged after screening and redirected to be seen by a provider in the appropriate area:
- Monday - Friday from 8 am - 4 pm: you will be seen in Suite 270 (Family Medicine), Suite 170 (Internal Medicine), or Suite 330 (Pediatrics), depending on your healthcare need. You will not need an appointment; staff will assist you as a walk-in clinic during these hours if you need to be seen, as Express Medical Center would have done.
- If you have respiratory-related symptoms, you will be directed to the walk-in respiratory clinic at the 4-H Fairgrounds.
- If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, you will be seen in the Emergency Department.
Some additional information about accessing a healthcare provider for your needs:
- For patients of Kim Bice, NP, or for patients who regularly use Express Medical Center, please call Logansport Memorial Family Medicine at (574) 722-4921 from 8 am - 4:30 pm Monday - Friday for your healthcare needs.
- For your needs in the evenings and on weekends, please call the main hospital at (574) 753-7541 and ask to speak to the provider on-call. If you are a patient of Kim Bice, the operator will connect you with her.
Thank you for your patience and flexibility with us as we make changes to focus our attention on meeting your needs while keeping your safe and healthy.